R&D+i at the service of our customers
IST Medical conceives technology and innovation to serve its customers and the company’s global strategy
IST Medical – partnering leading Spanish research institutions
Our commitment to innovation and development as pillars of progress has led us to develop collaborative agreements with the main research centres in Spain:
- The State Agency for Scientific Research (CSIC) – the largest Spanish public institution dedicated to research and rated third in Europe. It is affiliated to the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness through the State Secretariat for Research, Development and Innovation. Its fundamental objective is to develop and promote research in favour of scientific and technological progress, for which it is open to collaboration with Spanish and foreign entities.
- Institute of Corpuscular Physics (IFIC) – a mixed centre of the CSIC and the University of Valencia dedicated to particle and astroparticle nuclear physics and its applications both in medical physics and in other fields of science and technology.
- Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV) – integrated into the Campus of International Excellence and today the only Spanish technological university that appears in international rankings.
- The University of Valencia (UV) – part of the Campus of International Excellence and among the four most outstanding in Spain in the field of R&D + i (numbering 18 university research institutes).
- VLC/CAMPUS – a joint proposal promoted by the Universitat de València (UV), the Universitat Politècnica de València (UPV) and the Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC) for the creation of a Campus of International Excellence in the metropolitan area of Valencia.
- The Institute of Biomechanics (IBV) – a technological centre that studies the behaviour of the human body and its relationship with products, environments and services. Its activity dates back to 1976 and now the institute works between the Valencian Institute of Business Competitiveness (IVACE) and the Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV).
- Institute of Telecommunications and Multimedia Applications (iTEAM) – a research institute integrated into the Polytechnic City of Innovation of Valencia and focusing its activity on information and communication technologies.
- The Biomedical Image Analysis Group of the Centre for Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering of the Universitat Politècnica de Valencia – focused on the analysis and quantification of medical imaging in order to determine diagnostic biomarkers, prediction of treatment and follow-up of pathologies via imaging.
Ongoing research projects
IST Medical, together with the working group of the referred centres, focuses its efforts on the following lines of research:
- Analysis systems for effective dose reduction (project TSI 100101-2013-19) co-funded by IST Medical and the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism in the subprogram: Strategic Action for the Economy and Digital Society.
- Incorporation of techniques to increase the accuracy of radiological images (project 01_#EXPLORA-2015) co-financed by IST Medical and the University of Valencia in the program: Research Microclusters VLC/Campus and Companies within the framework of the campus of international excellence of VLC/Campus.
- System for planning and monitoring patients in aesthetic medicine based on 3D images whose objective is to develop a 3D reconstruction system for a patient’s face (project: IDI-20161034) co-financed by IST Medical and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the Plurirregional Operational Program for Smart Growth 2014-2020.
- Improvement of radiological grid diagnostic techniques (project TSI 100105-2014-129) co-financed by IST Medical and the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism in the subprogram: Strategic Action for the Economy and Digital Society.
- Clinical applications in oncology: determination of diagnostic biomarkers, prediction of cancer treatment and follow-up (project AEST/2015/007) funded by the Conselleria d’Educació, Culture i Esport de la Generalitat Valenciana for research staff residency in companies of the Comunitat Valenciana.